This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer.
An engine oil change is a reality. You cannot run from it — unless you’re okay with your engine leaving you stranded in the middle of nowhere. But changing engine oil after every few months means extra expenses.
However, you can avoid that by changing the engine oil yourself.
Let’s explore oil change kits and learn how to change your car’s engine oil.
Benefits of Oil Change Kit — Is it Really Worth it?
Let’s explore the benefits of the oil change kit:
Easy to Use
Looking forward to an easy oil-changing process?
Well, you are lucky since an oil change kit might be your ultimate choice. Oil change kits let you change the oil without any fuss.
With an oil change kit, you have everything you need for an oil change at your hand:
- Crush washer: Crush washer helps tighten the fastener. It applies the pressure needed to keep the mating surface intact with the nuts.
- Oil Filter: The filter keeps the dirt and debris out of the oil. In other words, your engine oil remains clean. It keeps the contaminants out but gets dirty in the process. Thus, it is essential to change the oil filter every 6 months.
- Fine Quality Engine Oil: You can buy an oil change kit with the recommended oil for your vehicle.
- Disposable funnel: It lets you pour engine oil into the engine without spilling it. In other words, you get to save the engine oil and prevent oil burning — oil spills on the engine head cause oil burning.
With an oil change kit, changing oil becomes an easy, DIY process. It also reduces the time required to change the engine oil.
Having an oil change kit at hand is economical. It is a versatile all-in-one kit that saves your time and effort. Besides that, it also costs less to change the oil this way.
Best Oil Change Kits
Here’s a list of best oil change kits you can use while changing the engine oil.
Motor Oil Changing Kit
Fox Trot’s motor oil changing kit consists of top-quality items with ergonomic design that makes its oil change uncomplicated. In other words, you get to change the engine oil without any risk of oil spill.
- Long-lasting: The kit comprises superior quality items. This enhances the reliability of the whole kit. All the parts are composed of resistant material that adds to the longevity of the kit.
- Corrosion-resistant: All the items of the kit are coated with oxidation-resistant material, which prevents corrosion from occurring. This means you can store this kit for a longer period of time.
- Bonus Items: This kit is not limited to 4 basic items. It includes other things to ease the oil change process. From the screen filters to the absorbent towels, this kit is perfect for oil change processes.
Polaris Oil Change Kit
Polar oil change kit is the ultimate oil change kit for Polaris ranger 1000. But you can use it for changing oil in other vehicles as well as it’s the most easy-to-use oil kit present in the market.
- Uncomplicated installation: The items in this kit are easy to use. You can change the oil with utmost convenience, which saves you time, money, and energy.
- Great value for money: This kit consists of high-quality items. From the funnel to the filter, everything is made of great material. The straight 5-star reviews are proof of it’s quality.
Funnel King 32920 Economy Oil Changing Kit
Funnel King’s economy oil changing kit stands out among other competitors. It offers uncomplicated usage while lasting longer. What else can one wish for.
- Solid Construction: All the items in this kit are composed of high-quality plastic, which ticks all your technical oil-changing needs.
- Chemical-resistant: All the materials of this kit are protected from chemical attacks. They are resistant to water and other chemicals. This adds to the longevity of the kit.
- Simple usage: This kit has been specially designed to ease the oil-changing process. And it comes with an instruction guide that tells you how to use every particular item.
Changing the Oil With All-in-One Effective Oil Change Kit
Jack it Up
- Safety considerations should be your first priority.
- Never work under your car if it is only on a jack.
- Always place stands under the chassis as well.
Drain the Oil
- Place an oil drip pan to collect the oil.
- Use the socket wrench to remove the cap
Replacing the Filter
- Consult the owner’s manual to determine the position of the oil filter.
- Take out the oil filter that has come with your oil change kit.
- Replace the filter and make sure to tighten it perfectly.
- Clean the area around the oil filter with the help of a rag.
Adding New Oil
- To add the new oil, take a funnel from your oil change kit.
- Go through the vehicle’s manual to determine which oil is perfect for your vehicle.
- If your vehicle allows synthetic oil, we recommend opting for that as it remains in prime condition for a longer period of time.
Disposing of Used Oil
- Dispose of the old oil.
Using One Oil Changing Kit for Several Vehicles — Does it Work?
It is completely OK!
The oil changing kit has a versatile operation. You can totally rely on one oil kit for several vehicles and hand your oil kit to your wife or neighbor if they need it.
Final Thoughts: How To Replace Engine Oil With an Oil Change Kit?
Oil change kits come in super handy for DIY oil changes. Most people don’t prefer buying them when in fact they should be on the top of your car maintenance purchase list.
This article sums up the benefits of the oil change kits. Further, it lets you choose the best ones listed according to your requirements.
Get your hands on these kits to save your time and save large on your pocket. Explore our blog for more information on engine oils.